Embed or Link: Choose Wisely
Show Notes – Episode #74
- Should you embed or link media in PowerPoint presentations? Excel data, videos, audio and images are all options to embed within the presentation file, or link to external files. Troy, Sandy and Nolan discuss the merits of each option, cover many of the technical considerations and provide some great tips on whether to link or embed content.
Resources from this Episode:
- Convert an image of a table to live Excel data
- The Presentation Blog – Is My Video Going to Link or Embed?
- The Presentation Blog – Video Across Slides (Sort Of) (also in on linked video styling issues)
- PowerPoint Live Captions and Subtitles rolled out to all O365 versions
- The new PowerPoint Search Bar (article)
- Microsoft MVP Summit
- Mac Sandbox location for “safe” Excel files, article by Microsoft Excel MVP Ron de Bruin
- PPTools Fix Links add-in
Show Suggestions? Questions for your Hosts?
Email us at: email@example.com
New Episodes 1st and 3rd Tuesday Every Month
Thanks for joining us!