- Books, whether traditional print or digital, provide entertainment, education, ideas and more. Troy, Nolan and Sandy gathered many of their favorite books that they have read over the years of being professional designers for their own book club discussion focused on presentations, design, business and random inspiration.
Resources from this Episode:
- PRESENTATION DESIGN
- Garr Reynolds
- Slide:ology, Nancy Duarte
- Resonate, Nancy Duarte
- The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs, Carmine Gallo
- Presentation Secrets, Alexei Kapterev
- The Business of Design, Keith Granet
- Managing the Design Process, Implementing Design, Terry Lee Stone
- Select Effective Visuals, Dave Paradi
- The Presentation – A Story About Communicating Successfully with Very Few Slides, Andrew V. Abela, Ph.D.
- Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions, Guy Kawasaki
- Present it so They Get it, Dave Paradi
- FIXING PowerPoint Annoyances, Echo Swinford
- Building PowerPoint Templates, Echo Swinford and Julie Terberb
- Why Most PowerPoint Presentations Suck and What You Can Do To Make Them Better, Rick Altman
- The Visual Slide Revolution, Dave Paradi
- Multi-Media Learning, Richard E. Mayer
- Speaking PowerPoint: The New Language of Business, Bruce Gabriel
- The Art of the Start 2.0: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything, Guy Kawasaki
- GRAPHIC DESIGN
- A Kidd’s Guide to Graphic Design, Chip Kidd
- Understanding Comics, Scott McCloud
- Robin Williams Design Workshop, Robin Williams
- Beyond Bullets, Cliff Atkinson
- How to Win a Pitch: The Five Fundamentals That Will Distinguish You From the Competition, Joey Asher
- Draplin Design Co.: Pretty Much Everything, Aaron James Draplin
- The Art of Innovation, Tom Kelley
- Layout Essentials, Beth Tondreau
- Grids and Page Layouts, Amy Graver and Ben Jura
- The Elements of Typographical Style, Robert Bringhurst
- White Space is Not Your Enemy: A Beginner’s Guide to Communicating Visually Through Graphic, Web, & Multimedia Design, Rebecca Hagen & Kim Golombisky
- Universal Principals of Design, William Lidwell, Kritina Holden, Jill Butler
- INSPIRATION, MAGAZINES, and MISC.
Show Suggestions? Questions for your Hosts?
Email us at: [email protected]
New Episodes 1st and 3rd Tuesday Every Month
Thanks for joining us!