Microsoft Office Secrets of PowerPoint
Show Notes – Episode #98
- Microsoft Office Secrets! This episode is Part 1 of a new series. Troy, Sandy and Nolan each give 10 hidden or unknown PowerPoint slide design tools and features, each native to PowerPoint; no add-ins or special coding needed for them!
Troy’s 10 Hidden PowerPoint Formatting Tools
- Change Shape.
- Text soft-return with Shift + Return
- Preview slide animation with Star icon
- Bring Super-script and Sub-script back to PowerPoint by adding these PowerPoint tools to the QAT
- Text box internal margins (can be customized on Master layouts or individual text boxes on slides)
- Add text to any shape (AKA: do not stack a text box on top of a shape!)
- Zoom in/out of a slide with CTRL + Mouse wheel
- Duplicate anything with CTRL + Drag
- Make any logo solid white with Picture format > picture corrections > brightness 100%
- Image transparency
Nolan’s 10 Hidden PowerPoint Formatting Tools
- Blurred image as slide background
- Crop to fit and Crop to ratio
- Convert SVGs and icons into PowerPoint shapes
- Chart templates
- Embed an Excel table (like we can embed an Excel chart)
- Quickly change bar chart colors
- Text box multi-columns
- Copy & paste an object styling with CTRL+Shift+C, then CTRL+Shift+V
- Duplicate an object with preset spacing apart
- Add an instant slide Zoom (drag slide thumbnail from left film strip and drop on any slide)
Sandy’s 10 Hidden PowerPoint Formatting Tools
- Preset Master Slide images
- Use Designer
- Character spacing; by word or individual letters
- Zero width space
- The QAT
- Format painter tool
- Eyedropper (color picker) tool
- PowerPoint triggers for interactivity
- Text box auto expanding left line
- PowerPoint slides, Attendee Notes, and Presenter Training Notes – all in 1 document!
Resources from this Episode: (List of links to tools/resources discussed )
Show Suggestions? Questions for your Hosts?
Email us at: [email protected]
New Episodes 1st and 3rd Tuesday Every Month
Thanks for joining us!